- Gingerbread Crumble
- 30g (1oz) Demerara sugar
- 50g (1.76oz) Chaucer Gingerbread Crumb
- 2g (0.035oz) Chaucer Lemon Powder
- Muffin Mix (Makes 12 Muffins)
- 300g (10.6oz) Plain Flour
- 14g (0.49oz) Baking Powder
- 115g (4oz) Castor Sugar
- 60g (2.11oz) Free Range Egg
- 60l (2floz) Sunflower Oil
- 150g (5.3oz) Greek Yoghurt
- 150g (5.3oz) Milk
- 20g (0.8oz) Chaucer Wild Blackberries Whole
- 20g (0.8oz) Chaucer Blackberry Powder
- 20g (0.8oz) Chaucer Red Skin Apple Pieces 6x22x25
- 4g (0.07oz) Chaucer Lemon Powder
Why not try replacing the Blackberry & Apple with Raspberry & Rhubarb for an inspiring flavour twist, or swapping out the Gingerbread crumb with a Waffle crumb to add a delicious luxurious texture.
Heat the oven to 190oC (374F)
Place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tin.
Combine the gingerbread crumb, demerara and lemon powder in a bowl, mix well and set aside.
In another bowl sieve the flour and baking powder together and stir in the sugar.
In a jug whisk up the yoghurt, milk, sunflower oil and egg until well combined.
Stir into the dry ingredients and then split the mixture into two halves.
In one half stir in the red skin apple slices and lemon powder.
In the remaining mix fold in the blackberry powder and blackberries.
Using 2 teaspoons place alternate apple/lemon batter and then blackberry batter into the case until the mixture is fully used up.
Sprinkle generously with the gingerbread crumble and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden.
Allow to cool and enjoy or serve warm. These are particularly good served with custard.