Chinese Toddler Rice Porridge
- 470g (16.58oz) Water
- 33g (1.16oz) Short Grain Rice (washed)
- 30g (1.05oz) Shallots Small Diced
- 2.5g (0.09oz) Grated Ginger
- 0.6g (0.02oz) Chaucer Freeze-Dried Spinach Pieces 1-3mm
- 5g (0.17oz) Chaucer Freeze-Dried Sweetcorn
- 1g (0.04oz) Chaucer Freeze-Dried Diced Leek (10x10mm)
- 3.5g (0.12oz) Chaucer Freeze-Dried Diced Carrot (5x5x5mm)
Other ingredients suggestions
Why not try adding Ginger, Parsnip or Peas as additional vegetable inclusions.
Add water, washed short grain rice, shallots and grated ginger into a large sauce pan with lid, bring to the boil, once boiling reduce heat to a low simmer and cover, leaving for 45 minutes stirring approx. every 15 minutes.
When the congee is ready it should look creamy and silky, add all the remaining ingredients with the exception of spinach leaf and cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Remove lid add spinach leaf and simmer for a further 2 minutes. Season as required then serve.