- Cous Cous Mix
- 40g (1.41oz) Whole Wheat Cous Cous
- 0.5g (0.017oz) Garlic Powder
- 0.5g (0.017oz) Ground Ginger
- 0.3g (0.01oz) Ground Cumin
- 3.1g (0.11oz) Mince Onion
- 0.3g (0.01oz) Ground Turmeric
- 1g (0.04oz) Smoked Paprika
- 0.5g (0.017oz) Coriander Leaf
- 0.2g (0.007oz) Ground Cinnamon
- 1.3g (0.046oz) Dried Tomatoes
- 1g (0.04oz) Salt
- 0.1g (0.004oz) Black Cracked Pepper
- 4g (0.14oz) Chaucer FD Peas
- 2g (0.07oz) Chaucer FD Red Pepper 4x3x3mm
- 6g (0.2oz) Chaucer FD Chick Peas
- 0.6g (0.02oz) Chaucer FD Diced Leek (10x10mm)
- 2g (0.07oz) Chaucer FD Carrot (5x5x5mm)
- 0.7g (0.02oz) Chaucer FD Clementine Pieces (1-4mm)
- Marinade Mix
- .25g (0.0088oz) Dried Rosemary Needles
- .5g (0.017oz) Garlic Granules
- .14g (0.075oz) Smoked Paprika
- .1g (0.0035oz) Saffron
- .5g (0.017oz) Ground Ginger
- Finishing Garnish
- 3g (0.1oz) Chaucer FD Pomegranate Arils
- Additional Ingredients
- 4-6 Scampi / Dublin Bay Prawns / King Prawns (Peeled)
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 25g (0.88oz) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Optional – 40g (1.41oz) Greek Yogurt
Why not try replacing Raspberry for Beetroot and Sour Cherry Pieces for an interesting savoury and sour twist.
Mix the olive oil and marinade mix together, add the Dublin Bay Prawns / King Prawns, chill and leave for at least a minimum of 1hr.
Add 200g (7.05oz) boiling water & all the ingredients for the cous cous mix into a large sauce pan with lid, bring to the boil, once boiling reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally, add additional water if required.
Whilst the cous cous is simmering, heat a frying pan to a moderate heat and add the Dublin Bay Prawns from the marinade mix, turning frequently cook for 4-6 minutes on a moderate heat, until the prawns are nearly cooked then add the remaining marinade to the pan, heat over a high heat and squeeze the ½ lemon into the pan, bring to the boil and remove from the heat.
Serve prawns on top of the cous cous and pour the cooking liquid on top of the prawns.
Finish with sprinkling pomegranate Arils and optionally add natural Greek yogurt.