Blackberry & Apple Muffins with Gingerbread Crumble Topping
- Gingerbread Crumble
- 30g (1oz) Demerara sugar
- 50g (1.76oz) Chaucer Gingerbread Crumb
- 2g (0.035oz) Chaucer Lemon Powder,
- Muffin Mix (Makes 12 Muffins)
- 300g (10.6oz) Plain Flour
- 14g (0.49oz) Baking Powder
- 115g (4oz) Castor Sugar
- 60g (2.11oz) Free Range Egg
- 60l (2floz) Sunflower Oil
- 150g (5.3oz) Greek Yoghurt
- 150g (5.3oz) Milk
- 20g (0.8oz) Chaucer Wild Blackberries Whole
- 20g (0.8oz) Chaucer Blackberry Powder
- 20g (0.8oz) Chaucer Red Skin Apple Pieces 6x22x25
- 4g (0.07oz) Chaucer Lemon Powder,
OTHER INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS
Why not try replacing the Blackberry & Apple with Raspberry & Rhubarb for an inspiring flavour twist, or swapping out the Gingerbread crumb with a Waffle crumb to add a delicious luxurious texture.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190oC (374F)
- 2 Place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tin.
- 3 Combine the gingerbread crumb, demerara and lemon powder in a bowl, mix well and set aside.
- 4 In another bowl sieve the flour and baking powder together and stir in the sugar.
- 5 In a jug whisk up the yoghurt, milk, sunflower oil and egg until well combined.
- 6 Stir into the dry ingredients and then split the mixture into two halves.
- 7 In one half stir in the red skin apple slices and lemon powder.
- 8 In the remaining mix fold in the blackberry powder and blackberries.
- 9 Using 2 teaspoons place alternate apple/lemon batter and then blackberry batter into the case until the mixture is fully used up.
- 10 Sprinkle generously with the gingerbread crumble and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden.
- 11 Allow to cool and enjoy or serve warm. These are particularly good served with custard.