Goats Cheese & Caramelised Onion Tart, with Onion Bhaji Sprinkles
- 375g (13.22oz) Pack of Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 280g (9.9oz) Caramelised Onion Chutney
- 180g (6.35oz) Goats Cheese Roll (with set skin)
- 80g (2.82oz) Egg
- 40g (1.41oz) Chaucer Onion Bhaji Sprinkles
- 20g (0.705oz) Chaucer Onion Bhaji Sprinkles (décor),
OTHER INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS
Why not try other combinations of flavours and sprinkles such as a Sage & Thyme with a cranberry sauce and vintage cheddar tart.
Sundried Tomato Sprinkles
Basil & Pesto Sprinkles
Sage & Thyme Sprinkles
Garlic & Herb Sprinkles
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200oC (329F)
- 2 Unfold the pastry and cut into 8 rectangles.
- 3 Score a smaller rectangle into the pastry, approx. 1.5cm (0.4”) from the cut edge, being careful not to score all the way through the pastry.
- 4 Beat 40g (1.41oz) of the egg with a fork and brush the surface of the pastry with the egg wash.
- 5 Bake for approx. 8 -10 minutes until well risen and LIGHT golden in colour.
- 6 Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- 7 Combine 40g (1.41oz) of egg with the 40g (1.41oz) onion bhaji sprinkles.
- 8 Carefully push the centre of the pastry down and flatten, so that the edge forms a rim to the pastry. You may need to use the sharp point of a knife to achieve this.
- 9 Spread the egg & onion bhaji sprinkles around the edge of the pastry.
- 10 Put 2 heaped teaspoons of caramelised onion chutney into the bottom of the pastry. Top with slices of goats cheese.
- 11 Place back in the oven and cook for a further 6-10 minutes until golden and the egg & onion bhaji sprinkles have set and crisped.
- 12 Remove from the oven and decorate with the 20g (0.705oz) onion bhaji sprinkles.
- 13 Leave to cool or serve hot or warm.
- 14 These pastries can be rewarmed at a lower temperature.