Mascarpone & Beetroot Tart with Smokey Sprinkles
- 375g (13.22oz) Pack of Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 250g (8.82oz) Mascarpone
- 30g (1.05oz) Date Syrup
- 40g (1.41oz) Chaucer Beetroot Sliced
- 80g (4.23oz) Eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- 40g (1.41oz) Chaucer Smokey Sprinkles
- 20g (0.705oz) Chaucer Smokey Sprinkles (décor)
OTHER INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS
Sundried Tomato Sprinkles
Onion Bhaji Sprinkles
Basil & Pesto Sprinkles
Sage & Thyme Sprinkles
Garlic & Herb Sprinkles
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200oC (392F).
- 2 Unfold the pastry and with a pastry cutter cut 8 x 10cm (3.94”) circles.
- 3 Score a smaller circle into the pastry, approx. 1.5cm (0.4”) from the cut edge with a 6cm (2.36”) pastry cutter, being careful not to score all the way through the pastry.
- 4 Take half the egg and beat it then brush the surface of the pastry with the egg wash.
- 5 Bake for approx. 8 -10 minutes until well risen and LIGHT golden in colour.
- 6 Meanwhile combine the mascarpone with the date syrup and season with salt and pepper.
- 7 Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- 8 Meanwhile combine 40g (1.41oz) of egg with the 40g (1.41oz) smokey sprinkles.
- 9 Carefully push the centre of the pastry down and flatten, so that the edge forms a rim to the pastry. You may need to use the sharp point of a knife to achieve this.
- 10 Spread the egg & smokey sprinkles around the edge of the pastry.
- 11 Place a couple of slices of the freeze-dried beetroot at the bottom of each pastry.
- 12 Divide the mascarpone/date syrup mix between the 8 pastries and top with more beetroot slices.
- 13 Place back in the oven and cook for a further 6-10 minutes until golden and the egg & smokey sprinkles have set and crisped.
- 14 Remove from the oven and decorate with the 20g (0.705oz) smokey sprinkles
- 15 Leave to cool or serve hot or warm.
- 16 These pastries can be rewarmed at a lower temperature.