- Makes approx. 10
- 250g (8.81oz) Granulated Sugar
- 2g (0.07oz) Cream of Tartar
- 100g (3.52oz) Water
- 10g (0.35oz) Chaucer Seedless Strawberry Powder
OTHER INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS
Why not try replacing Strawberry powder for Mango or Lime powder for an exotic citrus twist.
- 1 Clean moulds with hot soapy water and a soft sponge. Dry thoroughly.
- 2 Use the small brush to oil the lollipop moulds. Lay the lollipop sticks in the correct positions within the mould in advance.
- 3 Prepare a shallow ice bath that will fit your pan.
- 4 Add the sugar, cream of tartar and water to the pan. Heat gently at first until sugar dissolves.
- 5 Heat this mixture to hard crack stage (308 degrees Fahrenheit or 153 degrees Celsius). When the mixture reaches hard crack stage (at this stage a small amount of mixture dropped in cold water would produce a smooth brittle shape) you must remove it from the heat source immediately and put the pan into the ice bath. Stir the mixture vigorously for 10-15 seconds whilst in the ice bath. Add fruit powder and stir vigorously again until the fruit powder is fully combined.
- 6 Pour the mixture neatly into the spaces within the moulds, being careful to cover the end of the lollipop stick.
- 7 Leave to set for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 8 Carefully remove the lollipops from the mould, paint with oil and wrap if required.
38mm Lollipop Mould
Lollipop Sticks to suit Mould
Pan – ideally with pouring spout
Vegetable Oil for Greasing