Coffee, Waffle & Maple Syrup Ice Cream
- Makes 1 Litre (2 pints)
- 30g (1.05oz) Instant Coffee Granules
- 480g (16.93oz) Double Cream
- 110g (3.88oz) Dark Brown Sugar
- 230g (8.11oz) Whole Milk
- 8g (0.28oz) Vanilla Essence
- 4g (0.14oz) Guar Gum
- 43g (1.51oz) Chaucer Waffle Pieces
- 76g (2.68oz) Maple Syrup
OTHER INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS
Why not try to replace Waffle Pieces for Doughnut and Raspberry for an interesting and vibrant twist.
- 1 If using a manual ice cream maker, pre-freeze bowl for 12 hours.
- 2 In a bowl mix the coffee granules, cream and sugar. Whisk until the sugar and coffee granules have dissolved completely and the mixture is frothy.
- 3 Add the milk and vanilla and mix to combine.
- 4 Measure the Guar Gum into a bowl and very gradually whisk in the coffee flavoured mixture. Be careful to keep the mixture smooth.
- 5 If using a fully automatic ice cream maker then add to machine immediately and churn for 30-45 minutes or until thick, then place in the freezer until ice cream consistency is thick enough to support inclusions without sinking/rising through mixture.
- 6 If using a manual ice cream maker chill this mixture in the fridge for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight before churning. Once churned, place in the freezer until ice cream consistency is thick enough to support inclusions without sinking/rising through mixture.
- 7 Once the ice cream is of the correct consistency add to a storage container in layers alternating with ribbons of maple syrup and scattering waffle pieces.
- 8 Put the ice cream back into the freezer immediately to fully harden.
- 9 Serve and enjoy!