Raspberry, Blackberry, Earl Grey & Lavender Sorbet
- Makes 1 litre (2 Pints)
- 213g (7.51oz) Boiling Water to make syrup
- 2 Earl Grey and Lavender Tea Bags
- 163g (5.74oz) Golden Caster Sugar
- 20g (0.70oz) Chaucer Seedless Raspberry Powder
- 20g (0.70oz) Chaucer Blackberry Powder
- 275g (9.7oz) Boiling Water
- 15g (0.52oz) Lemon Juice
OTHER INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS
Alternatively why not try replacing the Raspberry & Blackberry powders for Pineapple and Lemon with lavender.
- 1 If using a manual ice cream maker, pre-freeze bowl for 12 hours.
- 2 To make syrup add water to a pan with tea bags and steep for 12 minutes.
- 3 Remove tea bags to a separate jug and add second quantity of water to them – steep for 12 minutes for use later.
- 4 Add sugar to hot tea in pan to make syrup and bring to almost boiling, then simmer for 5 minutes stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- 5 Cool sugar tea in pan before adding to blender with raspberry and blackberry powder. Add cool jug of tea and lemon juice to blender and blend thoroughly.
- 6 If using a fully automatic ice cream maker then add to machine immediately and churn for 30-45 minutes or until thick, then place in the freezer to full harden.
- 7 If using a manual ice cream maker chill this mixture in the fridge for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight before churning. Once churned, place in the freezer until fully hardened.
- 8 Serve and enjoy!