Strawberry, Cardamom, Elderflower & Lime Sherbet
- 15 Cardamom Pods, lightly crushed
- 50g (1.7oz) Caster Sugar
- 30g (1.05oz) Elderflower Cordial
- 30g (1.05oz) Lime Juice
- 25g (0.88oz) Chaucer Seedless Strawberry Powder
- 150g (5.29oz) Water
- 21g (0.74oz) Honey
- 200g (7.05oz) Double Cream
OTHER INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS
Why not try replacing Strawberry for Raspberry, Blackberry or Blueberry for an alternative flavour combination.
- 1 If using a manual ice cream maker, pre-freeze bowl for 12 hours.
- 2 Heat the cardamom with the sugar, elderflower and lime juice in a pan with a splash of water until the sugar has just dissolved.
- 3 Leave to cool and infuse for 20 minutes.
- 4 Place this, the strawberry powder, water, honey and cream in a food processor and blitz well.
- 5 Pass through a sieve to remove the cardamom pieces.
- 6 If using a fully automatic ice cream maker then add to machine immediately and churn for 30-45 minutes or until thick, then place in the freezer to fully harden.
- 7 If using a manual ice cream maker chill this mixture in the fridge for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight before churning. Once churned, place in the freezer to fully harden.
- 8 Serve and enjoy!