- 200g (7.05oz) Double Cream
- 150g (5.29oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 0.5g (0.017oz) Salt
- 1g (0.035oz) Vanilla Extract
- 20g (0.7oz) Chaucer Seedless Strawberry Powder
- 4.5g (0.31oz) Food Grade Activated Charcoal Powder (very fine)
OTHER INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS
Other Ingredient Suggestions
Why not try garnishing with a combination of ingredients for example, Raspberry and Waffle pieces, or alternatively Mango & Lime.
- 1 Place a baking sheet / tray into the freezer and leave for approx. 30mins – 1 hour (until very cold).
- 2 Whisk double cream, condensed milk, salt and strawberry powder in a bowl, until all ingredients have fully blended together.
- 3 Split the mix in half in two separate bowls and add the activated charcoal to the one of the mixes and whisk until fully incorporated in the mix.
- 4 Add the charcoal mix to the very cold baking sheet or tray and spread out until approximately 3-6mm thick, only allowing the mix to spread over half the tray, place the tray back into the freezer and leave for approximately 20 minutes until the mixture is starting to freeze.
- 5 Add the remaining pure strawberry mix to the second part of the baking sheet or tray and spread out until approximately 3-6mm thick, ensuring that there is a slight overlap between both the mixes to ensure a join occurs.
- 6 Leave in freezer for at least 4 hours, also at the same time put into the freezer the scrapers and ice cream bowls to assist with keeping the rolls as cold as possible.
- 7 Once the mixture has at least had 4 hours to set and freeze, quickly remove from freezer and using the scraper which is now very cold, start to roll the ice cream.
- 8 Place the tray of ice cream securely and flat on a bench, Angle the scraper at approx. 45o onto the tray, carefully pushing forwards, to create a consistent roll, the ice cream may require a little assistance at first to form a curl, it is important once the tray has been removed from the freezer to act with haste before the ice cream starts to melt.