Classic American Buttermilk Pancakes with Blueberry Inclusions
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- 55g (1.9 oz) Butter
- 140g (4.9 oz) All-purpose Flour
- 25g (0.9 oz) Chaucer Whole Blueberries
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 3dsp (1 oz) Sugar
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 240ml (8 fl. oz) Buttermilk
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Extra Butter (for frying)
- 5g (1.4 oz) Chaucer Strawberry Slices and 5g (1.4 oz.) Chaucer Whole Blueberries (if using)
- 8g (1.1 oz) Melted Butter
- Whipped Cream or Spray Cream
- Maple Syrup
OTHER INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS
This recipe works very well with any combination of the Chaucer Berry products and/or Chaucer Diced Apple, Chaucer Diced Peaches; but for a tropical twist, try combinations of Chaucer Diced Kiwi, Chaucer Pineapple Tidbits and/or Chaucer Mango pieces.
- 1 Begin with combining the Chaucer Strawberry Slices and Chaucer Blueberries with the melted butter. Stir and set aside.
- 1 Melt the butter
- 2 In a bowl combine the flour, Chaucer Blueberries, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- 3 In a jug, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract and melted butter.
- 4 Add the liquid to the dry mix and gently mix together being careful to not over-mix.
- 5 Meanwhile put the extra butter in a griddle or frying pan and melt until frothing.
- 6 Spoon tablespoonsful of the pancake mix into the hot butter being careful not to put too many in at one time (the pancakes will spread).
- 7 Cook on a gentle heat for 3-4 minutes on one side, turn, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- 8 Serve immediately in stacks of 3-4 topped with whipped cream, Chaucer Strawberry Slices, Chaucer Blue-berries and Maple Syrup
This recipe can be executed with ready -made pancakes without inclusions and simply topped with freeze dried fruits and cream as per the ingredients/instructions. Or for a layered cream, fruit and pancake stack multiply freeze-dried fruit quantities by 3.