Fruity Cocoa Nib & Chia Seed Energy Balls
- 150g (5.29oz) Dates
- 120g (4.23oz) Water
- 90g (3.17oz) Cocoa Nibs
- 15g (0.53oz) Cocoa Powder
- 10g (0.35oz) Chaucer Cranberries 1-4mm
- 10g (0.35oz) Chaucer Apricots 6x6x6mm
- 20g (0.70oz) Chaucer Blackberry Powder
- 10g (0.35oz) Chia Seeds
- 2g (0.07oz) Ground Cinnamon
- 2g (0.07oz) Ground Ginger
- 20g (0.70oz) Coconut Oil
- 150g (5.29oz) Desiccated Coconut
OTHER INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS
Why not try replacing the Cranberries, Apricots and Blackberries for Beetroot, Apple & Sour Cherry for an interesting and diverse flavour twist.
- 1 Place dates and water in the saucepan with the water and bring to a gentle simmer until water is absorbed and dates are softened. (2–5 minutes).
- 2 Meanwhile warm up your coconut oil until liquid by standing the jar in a pan of hot water.
- 3 With a slotted spoon, transfer the dates to the chopping board, leaving any liquid behind. Cool slightly and chop the dates roughly.
- 4 In a bowl combine the dates, cocoa nibs, cranberries and apricots (crushing the freeze-dried fruit gently in your hands). Then add the chia seed, cocoa powder, cinnamon and ginger, mixing them altogether; add the coconut oil and incorporate. Stand to one side to cool slightly and allow the chia seed to soak up any excess moisture.
- 5 Mix the desiccated coconut with the blackberry powder and place onto a plate ready for the rolling stage.
- 6 Take small walnut sized amounts of the date mixture and with clean hands, roll in-between your palms, and toss lightly into the plate of coconut/blackberry and roll around to cover.
- 7 Leave to set (approx. 20mins in the fridge). Should keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.