- For the Base:
- 50g (1.76oz) Butter, melted
- 200g (7.05oz) Oat Crunchy Biscuits
- 38.25g (1.35oz) Condensed Milk,
- For the Marshmallow:
- 3 Gelatine Leaves
- 30g (1.05oz) Free Range Egg White
- 0.45g (0.015oz) Cream of Tartar
- 175g (6.17oz) Caster Sugar
- 10.35g (0.36oz) Liquid Glucose
- 75g (2.64oz) Water
- 15g (0.529oz) Chaucer Raspberry Powder
- 15g (0.529oz) Chaucer Whole Raspberries
- 7.81g (0.27oz) Cornflour
- 7.81g (0.27oz) Icing (Powdered) Sugar,
- 500g (17.63oz) Dark chocolate
- 15g (0.529oz) Chaucer Raspberry Granules (décor),
OTHER INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS
Why not try a replacing Raspberries for Blueberry, Strawberry or even Beetroot to add a dynamic and interesting flavour profile.
- 1 Process biscuits to a fine crumb.
- 2 Add melted butter and condensed milk and pulse until combined.
- 3 Pour into a lined 23cm (9”) square tin, press down and into the sides.
- 4 Set in the fridge.
- 1 Soak the gelatine leaves in water for 10 minutes, then squeeze excess water.
- 2 Place egg whites in to a bowl with cream of tartar and 20g (0.7oz) sugar. Semi whisk the mixture.
- 3 Combine remaining sugar, water, glucose in a small pan, stir until sugar has dissolved then cook without stirring until temperature reaches 120oC (248F). Remove from heat.
- 4 Whisk syrup into egg whites in a steady stream and continue whisking until the whites hold their shape.
- 5 Whisk in raspberry powder, then fold in the whole raspberries.
- 6 Pour onto base and smooth.
- 7 Combine the cornflour and icing sugar, sieve, then lightly dust the surface of the marshmallow. Cover and leave to set in the fridge for approx. 4 hours.
- 8 Using a brush, dust off all excess icing sugar/cornflour.
- 1 Melt and temper the chocolate.
- 2 Turn the whole marshmallow over and coat the biscuit base with a thin layer of chocolate.
- 3 When set, turn back over and cut the marshmallow into desired bars/squares.
- 4 Using a dipping fork, dip each slice in chocolate and quickly decorate with raspberry granules.
- 5 Leave to set.
- 6 Store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.