Quick Soak Bircher with Apple & Blackberries
- 50g (1.8 oz.) Instant Oatmeal
- 125g (4.4 oz.) Yoghurt
- 125ml (4.4 fl. oz.) Apple Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 6g (0.2 Oz) Chaucer Diced Apple
- 8g (0.3 Oz) Chaucer Blackberries
- 30g (1.1 Oz) Runny Honey or Maple Syrup
- 6g (1.1 Oz) Chaucer Gingerbread Sprinkle (Optional)
- Extra Yoghurt (Optional)
OTHER INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS
This satisfying porridge lends itself well to all the Chaucer fruits on offer, but specifically try Chaucer Sliced Cherries and Chaucer Blueberries, or Chaucer Diced Peaches & Chaucer Raspberries.
- 1 Mix together oats, Chaucer apple, sunflower seeds, vanilla, ginger and sea salt into a dish.
- 2 Add the apple juice and stir.
- 3 Add the yoghurt and stir again.
- 4 Cover and refrigerate and leave to soak for a minimum of 10 minutes or up to 2 days.
- 5 When ready to serve, place the Chaucer Blackberries into the bottom of your jar/cup.
- 6 Add your oat mixture to the cup.
- 7 Serve topped with either honey or maple syrup, yoghurt if desired and the gingerbread sprinkles for crunch.
- 8 The method can be adapted to suit your needs, it could be made up in its entirety just before serving and the customer told to wait a few minutes before eating.
For a unique twist, add ¼ tsp Ground Ginger and 16g (0.6 oz.) of Sunflower Seeds with the oats at stage 1.