Blueberry & Raspberry Rice Cakes
- Makes 100g of mix for spraying, will coat approx. 100-125 rice cakes
- 7.1g (0.25oz) Chaucer Seedless Raspberry Powder (7.1%)
- 7.1g (0.025oz) Chaucer Blueberry Powder (7.1%)
- 85.71g (3.02oz) Honey (85.8%)
- Rice cakes formed to 35mm diameter with a 10mm height (approx. 2g (0.07oz) unflavoured weight)
Other ingredients suggestions
Alternatively why not replace Blueberry and Raspberry powders for Blackcurrant and Apple, which would provide a traditional children’s flavour profile.
Pre heat a drying traveling oven @ 150oC (302F)
Warm honey to 25oC (77F), mix ingredients together until powders are fully dispersed.
Heat entire mix to 45-50oC (113–122F) and spray thin even layer on top of each rice cake (approx. 40-50% spray application per rice cake).
Transverse coated rice cakes through travelling oven with a drying time of 240 seconds
Under cooling fans rapidly cool temperature for approx. 120 seconds
Pack / put into an air tight container