The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising a team of production employees. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures, recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. The goal is to ensure that production processes and delivers products of maximum quality in a profitable manner and at the same time, motivating and coaching employees to provide excellent performance. Supervises a staff of up to 25 employees.
- Work safely in every case and promote safety at every interaction with associates
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with the company’s plans and communicate them to subordinates.
- Responsible for maintaining a Safe work environment, correcting any unsafe conditions immediately, and being part of the Safety Team to constantly monitor & create safe working conditions.
- Maintain safety standards and ensure compliance by team.
- Responsible for the production of high-quality product outputs which meet or exceed accepted standards for GMP’s and Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
- Responsible for productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manage departmental performance measures including visual controls and provide regular progress reports to management.
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties and delegated tasks.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide training, constructive feedback, and coaching.
- Receive concerns, resolve problems and escalate as appropriate.
- Review and ensure accuracy of timekeeping records.
- Maintain open lines of communication between employees, management, and executives.
- Responsible for employee life cycle of hiring, performance evaluation, pay recommendations and disciplinary actions (if necessary).
- Actively train & coach existing employees & all new hires per standard procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree desired or equivalent work experience.
- 5-8 years working in a production environment.
- 2+ years previous supervisory experience, Food Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Must be able to work with all types of food products, including allergens.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, bilingual a plus.
- Familiar with GMP’s and procedures including Environmental Health & Safety, Human Resources, etc.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules and tasks.
- Advanced user with MS Office.
- Problem solving skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Frequent exposure to extreme temperatures or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration.
- Noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Exposure to various food types including possible allergens.
- Regular requirement to stand, walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasional sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Vision requirements include ability to see near and far with or without correction. Must have color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.