- 470g (16.58oz) Water
- 33g (1.16oz) Short Grain Rice (washed)
- 30g (1.05oz) Shallots Small Diced
- 2.5g (0.09oz) Grated Ginger
- 0.6g (0.02oz) Chaucer Freeze-Dried Spinach Pieces 1-3mm
- 5g (0.17oz) Chaucer Freeze-Dried Sweetcorn
- 1g (0.04oz) Chaucer Freeze-Dried Diced Leek (10x10mm)
- 3.5g (0.12oz) Chaucer Freeze-Dried Diced Carrot (5x5x5mm)
OTHER INGREDIENT SUGGESTIONS
Why not try adding Ginger, Parsnip or Peas as additional vegetable inclusions.
- 1 Add water, washed short grain rice, shallots and grated ginger into a large sauce pan with lid, bring to the boil, once boiling reduce heat to a low simmer and cover, leaving for 45 minutes stirring approx. every 15 minutes.
- 2 When the congee is ready it should look creamy and silky, add all the remaining ingredients with the exception of spinach leaf and cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- 3 Remove lid add spinach leaf and simmer for a further 2 minutes. Season as required then serve.